OBC - Cubesat 2
Cubesat Battery Pack
High Energy Density of Lithium ion battery pack for nano-satellites.
The unit can be customized depending on mission requirements (4P / 2S 2P / 4S). Other configurations are available (up to 16 cells). The standard configuration provides 2S 2P configuration (42 Whr) and 8.4V terminal voltage at end of charge.
Each cell is provided with a heater to prevent cold temperature (below -5°C) monitored by 2 temperature sensors. Over protection, as overcurrent, overcharge, over-discharge are implemented. The unit is fully compliant with other Cubesat Subsystem.
The IMT has an internal Cell Acceptance Test Procedure, the procedure is composed by different steps to investigate the manufacturing and state of conservation of the cells. Visual inspection, mechanical and electrical measurements, X-Rays, DPA (on sample basis), Automated Charge/Discharge/Internal Resistance measure, Vibration, Vacuum tests are parts of the IMT Procedure.
The customer can qualify his battery pack thanks our Battery Test Facility.
Dimensions (l x w x h)
|96 x 90 x 25 mm|
|Mass (with Heaters)||240 g|
|Random Vibration||10 Grms (all axis)|
|Operating Temperature||-10°C to +60°C|
|Life Time||< 3 years|
Qualification and Acceptance Testing
|Qualification Test||Acceptance Test|
|Mechanical Shock||YES||On Request|
|Thermal Cycling||YES||On Request|
- Capacity: 12400 mAh
- Voltage: 6.0V -8.4V
- Charge Current: configurable (standard 1000 mAh)
- Cubesat Kit Bus
- Compatible with ISIS, GOMSpace, CubeSatKit and ClydeSpace products
- Compliant with CubeSat standard
- Acceptance COTS Li-ion cells by IMT procedure
- Heaters, temperature sensors, overcurrent protections
- Customer Battery Qualification available in IMT Battery Test Facility
- Other configuration to increase the capacity
Available on request
- Battery Pack configuration 4S / 2S 2P / 4P